Comprehensive automation of the pharmaceutical distributor’s warehouse
Our client is Ukraine’s largest pharmaceutical distributor operating in accordance with the GDP standards. Throughout its 25-year history of successful operations, the company acquired over 460 partners, obtained 60,000 m2 of storage space, and extended its product range up to 12,000 items.
- ensure storage capacity at the level of 2X, where X is the storage capacity of the distribution center before re-engineering;
- maintain quality under the conditions of warehouse operations acceleration;
- mitigate the need for warehouse workers;
- reduce dependence on the skill level of warehouse workers;
- implement integration of new equipment with the WMS.
- routing of order picking container movement along the conveyor based on the goods picking area was arranged;
- automatic lowering/lifting of order picking containers by means of a helical conveyor was implemented;
- an area for automatic weighing of picking containers with goods was set up;
- conveyor transport of picking containers to the inspection area was arranged;
- a system for sorting of packed orders along routes based on the Pick-by-Light system was installed;
- a platform (mezzanine) was installed to increase the storage space of the warehouse;
- various types of storage rack systems were installed.